Candle Care

 

The first time you light your candle, it is best to let it burn for at least 3 hours to get a full melt pool of wax across the top.  This means that each time you light your candle after this the wax won’t ‘tunnel’ i.e leave wax around the edges/burn unevenly.

It is good practice to trim the wick down to approximately 1/4 of an inch after each burn. This prevents the flame becoming smoky and adds a much longer life to the candle.

It is advisable not to let the candle burn for longer than 4 hours each time you light it as it can cause the wick to ‘mushroom’.

Do not let the wax drop below 5mm from the botton of the glass as it can get very hot if left to burn right down and may cause the glass to crack.

 

A FEW SAFETY RULES

 

Never leave a candle burning unattended especially around children.

Extinguish candles before you leave a room and never go to sleep with a candle still lit.

Never leave a burning candle in a child’s bedroom.

Don’t move a candle when it is lit as the wax gets very hot. Let it cool down first.

Don’t put a lit candle under a shelf or by your curtains. The flame gives off a lot of heat and it can burn surfaces and cause fabric to catch fire.

Always put  lit candles on a heat resistant surface.

Keep lit candles away from draughts as this can cause the flame to smoke and burn unevenly.

Keep candles out of the way of children & pets.

Keep clothing and hair away from a lit candle and don’t attempt to lean over a burning candle.

 

Diffuser Care

Handle with care to prevent spills and do not place diffuser directly onto polished, painted, plastic or leather surfaces or on electrical equipment as accidental spillage may cause damage to certain materials.

The fragrance life span will vary depending on environmental conditions but it is good practice to keep it away from sources of heat and avoid direct sunlight. Keep away from children & pets.

Turn the reeds once a week to keep a steady release of the fragrance. It is important to wear gloves when handling used reeds.

Do not ignite the reeds.

CAUTION : If swallowed seek medical advice immediately and have product packet or label to hand.

"" was added to wishlist